Things To Know About Wisdom Teeth Removal
Wisdom teeth removal is a dental procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth located in the inside corners or on the top of your mouth. This procedure needs to be carried out if your wisdom tooth does not have space to grow and is resulting in pain. Wisdom teeth extraction needs to be done through a dentist or an expert oral surgeon.
To prevent potential future problems, read on and know more about wisdom teeth removal procedure.
Keeping impacted wisdom teeth may cause more harm than good.
We aim to save lots of each tooth we are able to. However, in cases wherever knowledge teeth become wedged, keeping them might cause you a lot of bother than they’re value.Wisdom teeth sometimes seem within the late teens or early 20’s.
Most adults have four knowledge teeth. If you’re lucky, you will have fewer or none in the slightest degree. Wisdom teeth are sometimes not a haul if they erupt properly and become totally useful. but in several cases lean house will cause impaction of the knowledge teeth and their removal could also be necessary.
Symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth
If left untreated impacted wisdom teeth may cause a number of harmful problems. Some of these symptoms can be debilitating or even life threatening, including:
- Extreme pain
- Damage to nearby teeth such as decay or root resorption
- Infection which can be serious and life threatening
- Development of cysts or tumours
Not all impacted wisdom teeth will show any symptoms. Just because your wisdom teeth are not causing you pain, doesn’t mean that they are without problems!
How is wisdom teeth treated?
Wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, are the last permanent tooth which appears in your mouth. These teeth generally grow between the ages of 17 to 25 years. Although some people never develop wisdom teeth, still in majority people wisdom teeth erupt like any other normal teeth.
Here are some consequences leading to an impacted wisdom tooth-
- A wisdom tooth can grow at an angle toward the next tooth.
- A tooth grows at an angle pointing towards the backside of your mouth.
- A wisdom tooth grows at a right angle with another tooth, like it is lying down on the jawbone.
- A wisdom tooth grows straight upwards or downward and other teeth stay trapped in the jawbone.
What are the problems if a infected wisdom tooth is left untreated?
We have enlisted some problems caused due to leaving an infected wisdom tooth. In case of such problems, you will likely need to remove your wisdom teeth.
- Severe tooth pain.
- Trapped food particles or debris in the backside of the wisdom tooth.
- Periodontal disease
- Tooth decay in a broken/erupted wisdom tooth
- Damage to a tooth or nearby bone
- Formation of a cyst around the wisdom tooth.
- Complications with orthodontic treatments to straighten other teeth
Are there any precautionary measures?
Although it is difficult to predict and take precautionary measures, you could approach an expert dentist to seek helpful tips to prevent dental problems due to wisdom tooth. However, if your tooth has grown beyond repair then be prepared for wisdom teeth removal.
At Confident Smiles Dental Clinic, you will get reliable and expert wisdom teeth removal service in Mt Gambier and Geelong.
So connect with us now and schedule an appointment at the earliest.